Privacy Notice - VetMedAcademy - as of May 23, 2018
Updated: October 10, 2020
In order to be compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) standards, required by European Union regulation for data protection for all individuals within the European Union, and because it represents excellent policy, VetMedAcademy.org requests all of its members to acknowledge the site data protection policy as stated below.
The GDPR regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) replaces the data protection directive (officially Directive 95/46/EC) from 1995.
More information is available at: https://docs.moodle.org/35/en/GDPR_FAQ
Privacy Notice - VetMedAcademy.org
VetMedAcademy.org seeks to provide each of its registered members the opportunity to manage all aspects of the personal data provided as part of their site registration. Specifically, we would like all users to be aware of VetMedAcademy's handling of any provided personal data by answering the following questions.
- Who is collecting the data?
The non-profit corporation VetMedAcademy.org, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, collects information as part of its registration process on the site https://learn.vetmedacademy.org
- What data is being collected?
The required data is your first and last name and email address. We also request that you provide information about your association with the veterinary profession. Optional but requested information includes, city, state and country of residence.
- What is the legal basis for processing the data?
VetMedAcademy is an educational non-profit organization (charity) and seeks to provide its resources primarily to students and faculty of veterinary, veterinary technician and animal science programs worldwide.
- Will the data be shared with any third parties?
No. The registrant can control what information other registrants can see.
- How will the information be used?
Primarily to confirm that the registrant is part of VetMedAcademy's target audience.
- How long will the data be stored for?
As long as the registrant remains on the website. All personal data will be deleted when the account is deleted or a request for it to be deleted is processed.
- What rights does the data subject have?
The registrant can submit a request for cancellation of their registration and data deletion through the site.
- How can the data subject raise a complaint?
By contacting the designated data protection administrator through tools provided on their profile page at https://www.vetmedacademy.org or by emailing such administrator at email@example.com
As a user, through your profile choices, you can control what data is seen by other members and have the ability to request erasure of personal data if you were to cancel your registration. To facilitate these processes, the current Moodle site has the following tools:
- New functionality in our Moodle site leads to a new user sign on process, with ability for VetMedAcademy to define multiple its policies (e.g. site, data protection privacy), allow it to track your user consents, and manage updates and versioning of the policies;
- Additional functionality allows you as a user to submit data erasure requests and for VetMedAcademy.org's site administrators to process these requests. It also includes a data registry to define a purpose and retention period for the data stored in this Moodle site.
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, please contact the site administrator (also Data Protection Officer) at firstname.lastname@example.org.